Thursday, June 9, 2011

Introduction of Hair Pretties Hair Clips

Good evening y'all!



I have placed 10 of my Hair Pretties - Hair Clips & Fascinators - up on the shop link. I am really excited with how these turned out!

A little history if you will...

A month or so back, I decided that with the triple digit heat we get here in Texas coming up, it was time for a hair cut. I went from mid back length to just under the ears and I love it! Well because of this, which was of a very 1940's styling, I found myself suddenly wearing and searching for clips. Pretty clips, fun clips, big, small, flowers, feathers, it didn't matter just so I had something to accessorize with. I found some pretty ones in stores but couldn't really find anything I was thrilled with, so I went online to Amazon and did a little search for the alligator clippies that were on the back of almost all the clips I have. I found a bag of 100, and of course thought to myself, that's ridiculous, what am I going to do with 100 clips?? After a few days of milling it over and doing other searches for smaller quantities, I said, to heck with it! Just get the bag, you can always make some for friends!

They arrived a few days later and from that moment on I have just been going crazy with ideas. It hasn't stopped yet, and I am pretty thrilled about that! I have made and warn several and get great feedback on them all the time!! My husband thinks I might be a little silly wearing a pie on my head, but I think it is just too fun and whimsical not to!! He loves me either way, so bring on the pies ;)

Just last week I was driving past the petsmart, taking the pup to doggie day camp and saw a car with dice on the mirror and the light went off in my pretty little head, I have to go home and make a pair of dice for a clip! That kind of thing happens to me all the time. I find that when I go with those, good things come of it :D

I hope you'll agree and I hope you enjoy this first installment of Hair Pretties. I will have more up in the next few days, so stay tuned and dont forget to let me know what you'd like to see up there on the list of items.

Thanks for coming by for a little read.
Have a lovely day & Happy Baking!
~ Alicia

1 comment:

I appreciate every comment. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some lovely words.